WORSHIP PASTOR JOB CHICAGO
Have you been praying and thinking about the future of your life and ministry? About stepping out of your comfort? About impacting a world-class city? About responding to that sense of Godly discontent? About following Jesus no matter the cost? About building something great for God’s glory? This Worship Pastor role could be your perfect fit. It will be challenging, joyful, adventurous, and God willing, fruitful. If you are a good match, there is no good reason not to apply.
Job Title: Worship Pastor
Description: This full-time position is for the role of a Pastor as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-5, and Acts 20:17-35 (please review these verses). While spiritual shepherding of the church is the primary responsibility of this role, this associate position will have an emphasis on leading and developing our worship ministry.
Depending on the candidate’s call and gifting, this role may evolve into a greater position in the future. A life-long desire and commitment for city ministry is essential, with the understanding that God can redirect this calling down the road.
Core pastoral responsibilities:
- Equip: Getting people involved in ministry by pastoring, inviting, discipling, developing, training, supporting, caring, and delegating. There will be a special focus on leading and developing our worship ministry.
- Witness: Building relational bridges into our city. Intentionally sharing Jesus with those outside the church and regularly inviting people into our community.
- Correct: Lovingly confront, challenge, or rebuke, believers who are ensnared in sin and/or leading others astray.
- Faith: Display an unwavering commitment to God’s calling on our church and infuse people with a sense of adventure and celebration towards our objective.
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Leading weekend church gatherings.
- Overseeing our entire worship ministry by identifying and raising up worship leaders, musicians, and vocalists.
- Mastering a core Small Group curriculum.
- Preaching semi-regularly.
- Supporting our Newcomers Breakfast, Membership Lunch, membership follow-ups and reviews.
- Assisting staff and volunteer staff.
- Actively integrating new people.
- In this specific role we are looking for a male leader.
- Held previous related church staff role with at least three years experience is preferred.
- Gifted musician and vocalist.
- Hold a qualification in Biblical Studies or relevant/related fields is required.
- Live or be willing to relocate to be in very close proximity to our current meeting location in order to:
- Be embedded in local rhythms
- Connect with people in the neighborhood
- Enroll any children in the local school and be active parents in the school system
- Demonstrate a passion for God’s word, presence, and mission.
- Display healthy amount of self-awareness.
- Provide evidence of being a self-starter who is intrinsically motivated and requires little oversight.
- Show examples of follow-through, willingness to change, and ability to learn new skills.
- Provide examples of working well on and leading a team.
- Show examples of loyalty.
- Reimbursable: Coffee shops, CTA, some meals, home internet, cell phone, some home office expenses.
- Retirement after first year.
- Church conference/retreat registration, travel, and food related costs.
- Listen to these core sermons: http://destinationchurch.org/core-sermons/
- Read our statement of faith: http://destinationchurch.org/about/beliefs/
- Gather PDFs of these assessments:
- Myers Briggs: https://www.mbtionline.com
- StrengthsFinder 2.0: http://strengths.gallup.com/purchase.aspx (purchase book to get code)
- DISC: https://www.123test.com/disc-personality-test/
- StandOut: https://standout.tmbc.com/
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0: http://www.talentsmart.com/test/ (purchase book to get code)
- Complete pre-application steps.
- Apply (below).
- Application review.
- Final decision.